Nursery School of the Year Competition
The Portsmouth News is running a Nursery of the year award - Alpha is on the nomination list.
Help Alpha win Nursery of the year award!!
The voting forms are found in the Portsmouth News newspapers until 21st April. Please bring your voting slip in by Tuesday 24th April and we will send them all in together (alternatively you can send this in yourself, the closing date is 10am Friday 27th April)
Thank you in advance for your support!
Julie and the Alpha team
Equality and Diversity Policy
Statement of intent
ARK Alpha Nursery is committed to valuing diversity by providing equality of opportunity and anti- discriminatory practice for children and families.
We aim to:
- Provide a secure environment in which our children can flourish and in which all contributions are valued.
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and people with disabilities.
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- Make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of the setting.
Our setting is open to all members of the community.
- We advertise our service widely
- We reflect the diversity of members of our society in our publicity and promotional materials.
- We provide information in clear, concise language, whether in written or spoken form.
- We aim to provide information in as many languages as required.
- We base our admissions policy on a fair system.
- We ensure that all parents are made aware of our equal opportunities policy.
- We do not discriminate against a child or their family, or prevent entry to our setting, on the basis of colour, ethnicity, religion or social background, such as being a member of a travelling community or an asylum seeker.
We liaise with EMAS (Ethnic Minority Achievement Service), PITA (Portsmouth Interpretation and Translation Service) and other services who provide support and advice for ethnic minority groups. We use these services as and when required. (I.e. to support a child with English as an additional language) We work in partnership with the Pastoral team and Inco at ARK Ayrton Primary Academy.
ARK Alpha have equality policies in relation to the way it manages its business, its employment practices and the delivery of its services. Therefore all children will be treated according to their individual needs and encouraged to take part in all activities. They will not be discriminated against because of their gender, race, culture, religion, disability or any special need.
All children will be made aware of different cultures, disabilities, and festivals through projects, themes, role play, dressing up, stories & books and display work, which is all included in our curriculum planning and daily activities.
All children will be treated and valued as an individual and taught to respect others differences and similarities.
As part of the transition in to nursery, all families are asked about their cultural needs. All dietary information is recorded on the allergy/special information list.
Any member of staff that appears to be discriminating against staff /children or families will be dealt with according to ARK Alpha Nurseries disciplinary procedures.