Nursery School of the Year Competition
The Portsmouth News is running a Nursery of the year award - Alpha is on the nomination list.
Help Alpha win Nursery of the year award!!
The voting forms are found in the Portsmouth News newspapers until 21st April. Please bring your voting slip in by Tuesday 24th April and we will send them all in together (alternatively you can send this in yourself, the closing date is 10am Friday 27th April)
Thank you in advance for your support!
Julie and the Alpha team
To register a child at ARK Alpha Nursery the parent pack, which can be collected from the nursery or sent out in the post, must be completed and a £36 registration fee paid (for funded children this fee is waived). On receipt of the completed parent pack and registration fee, the parents/carers will be sent a welcome letter confirming sessions and an expected start date.
Settling in without tears
We operate a ‘settling in without tears' policy to make sure that all children will be happy after their parents leave. When parents attend their first settling in visit the key person will outline the settling in steps. We will not allow children to start their contracted sessions if there is a likelihood of them becoming distressed.
What's in your parent pack
- Registration form – this is your contract with the Nursery. We require 4 weeks notice when a change of contract is required.
- Carers list – a list of adults (over 14) to whom you give permission to collect your child. However, staff must be made aware on the day if they are picking up.
- Allergy and medicine information – you must tell us about any allergies and/or medication your child may have, even if they are not brought in to nursery.
- Pricing structure agreement – this is a contract agreeing that you will abide by our pricing structure.
- Summary of main policies – a brief explanation of main policies. A full list can be provided on request and is available on our website.